Weber Shandwick Wins Big at European SABRE Awards
LONDON, May 28, 2010 – Weber Shandwick, one of the world’s leading global public relations agencies, its clients and affiliate partner PRP Group were presented with nine European SABRE Awards this week at the gala dinner in London, sponsored by The Holmes Report. The honours recognised client campaigns conducted in three markets – Germany, the UAE and the UK – and across a number of sectors. The launch of INLINE Communications, Weber Shandwick’s communications philosophy based on the integration of on- and off-line public relations activity, was also recognised. In addition, the agency was also named Best Multinational Firm to Work for in EMEA. PRP Group was named Eastern European Consultancy of the Year.
“We are so proud of the partnership we have with our clients and the innovation and creativity and passion of our people. This amazing set of accolades for our European practices and offices underlines that and our position as Europe’s leading PR firm. A huge thanks to our industry peers who acted as judges, to Paul Holmes and of course to our clients without whom none of this would be possible,” said Colin Byrne, CEO, Weber Shandwick UK & Europe.
This year’s Weber Shandwick winning client campaigns are:
* UK and Ireland (£100,000 in fees or more): “Muslim Women’s Power List” – Equality and Human Rights Commission with Weber Shandwick London
* Multicultural Marketing: “Muslim Women’s Power List” – Equality and Human Rights Commission with Weber Shandwick London
* Retailers: “Don’t Change Your Lifestyle, Change Your Supermarket” – Aldi Stores UK Ltd. with Weber Shandwick Manchester
* Sponsorship: “A World Championship Filled with Energy” – Vattenfall Europe with Weber Shandwick Berlin
* Trade Show: “Supporting the Boeing Company at the Dubai Air Show 2009” – The Boeing Company with Promoseven | Weber Shandwick Public Relations in Dubai
* Digital Video: “Microsoft Bing Maps Goes 3D” – Microsoft with Weber Shandwick London
* Product of the Year: INLINE Communications, Weber Shandwick Europe
These latest European SABRE Awards continue to build on Weber Shandwick’s industry recognition, which includes the PRWeek Global Agency Report Card gold medal, being named “Global Agency of the Year” by The Holmes Report for the second year in a row, “International Consultancy of the Year” at both the PRWeek Awards and the Public Relations Consultants Association (PRCA) Awards in the UK, “Agency of the Year” at the European Excellence Awards, and receiving an inaugural Cannes Lion award.
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global public relations agency with offices in 76 countries around the world. The firm’s success is built on its deep commitment to client service, our people, creativity, collaboration and harnessing the power of Advocates – engaging stakeholders in new and creative ways to build brands and reputation. Weber Shandwick provides strategy and execution across practices such as consumer marketing, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, corporate and crisis management. Its specialized services include digital/social media, advocacy advertising, market research, and corporate responsibility. In 2010, Weber Shandwick was named Global Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report for the second year in a row; an ‘Agency of the Decade’ by Advertising Age, Large PR Agency of the Year by Bulldog Reporter, and Top Corporate Responsibility Advisory Firm by CR Magazine. The firm has also won numerous ‘best place to work’ awards around the world including “Best Multinational Firm to Work For in EMEA” by The Holmes Report and a “Top Place to Work in PR” by PR News. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.